Sunday, June 18, 2006

Changing Pace...



And so, WagnerQuest 06 continues here in northern Michigan...I (and my luggage, a day later) made it all the way to the cottage, here "Up North" as we say, at my family's old summer place, where I'm currently lying in a protracted swoon trying to recover from the recent exertions. It's incredibly gorgeous up here; today, as you can see from the picture taken from the front porch, it's a little overcast (though still, Trailsend Bay on Lake Michigan is beautiful) but yesterday was northern summer at its best. Swimming, sailing, bicycling, beachwalks, cookouts, beachfires, getting eaten alive by blackflies...it's all here, plus a big pile of books on Richard Wagner and other relevant topics which I mailed on ahead.

My poor laptop is deader than disco, and all the other photos from my Wagner Quest are locked upon it, like fossils in a tar pit. I may try to find some help in this area (got to connect the data storage on the hard drive to a new system board ever to retrieve any of that info), but that may turn out to be impossible; this place is kind of remote. Fortunately, we have another laptop up here; and so, as the adventure continues, I'll continue to report here--although the story switches, at this point, from being an external to an internal journey. All aboard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home